View Single Post
      07-10-2019, 12:40 PM   #1
matamua
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 e93 335i, FBO, m3 control

So I just picked up a 2007 335i e93 which has 62k on it now. The turbos were replaced by BMW about 20k ago, the HPFP and some index 12s about 6mo ago. It's been well maintained and has good records.

The ABS/DSC pump went out and I'm waiting on that to come back from module masters next week. Once that's done I'm on to more exciting things.

My question is the following: if you were going to do some preventative maintenance before mods, what would it be?

I don't believe it's ever had the intake valves blasted so that's first on the list.

I'm also considering replacing the OFHG and VCG as people seem to have issues with both at some point or another. I'll be flushing brakes as I'm doing the ABS/DSC.

If you were doing OFHG and VCG what else would you do while you were in there?

In terms of modifications, here's what I'm thinking:
1. Upgraded charge pipe (probably vrsf)
2. FMIC (again probably vrsf)
3. Oil catch can
4. MHD 1+
5. Wheel with paddles (already bought)

I would maybe at some point go as high as 2+ (catted if I did), but not for the next 2yrs as I'm moving to CA and DPs are a bit dicey. Don't know that I'll ever do full exhaust because I don't want it much louder than it is. Probably will hold off on BOV for now for the same reason.

Which FMIC would you do and why? Which oil catch can? Some threads I've read recently seem to suggest a low side is more advantageous.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0