View Single Post
      07-10-2020, 04:34 PM   #266
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PORTMOODY View Post
This is exactly where I wanted this to go and you did it. I can't even imagine how fun it will be to drive this thing when these seats are in. Did you consider the corbeau fx1? Would be interested to hear your thoughts.
I did look at them. Plus Sparco Evo and a bunch of other ones. In the end a few things sold me on the pole position.

They are the lightest seats I could find that weren’t carbon and hella expensive. (Not that these were cheap they were $2k shipped from Germany)

They were universally praised as comfortable from guys 5’6” to 6’4”. And weights from 160lbs to 230lbs.

They integrated with the pyrotechnic charge in the seat belt buckle properly to allow that function to work as per oem spec. They are the only bucket seat I found that did this, and only for the pole position “ABE” which isn’t sold in the US. I believe this is the single reason they were chosen by BMW for the GTS. This was extremely important to me since I’ll be deleting and coding out side airbags in the oem seats I felt I cannot compromise on safety any further. In the end this made them the only acceptable choice. If I was going to run harnesses then there were other options and I maybe would have gone for the Sparco Evo II.

I’m very much looking forward to putting these seats in! I think it will feel like wearing the car rather than sitting in it. I can’t wait!
Appreciate 0