View Single Post
      11-03-2015, 10:38 AM   #14
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettb1234 View Post
Thanks! I have plenty of unused quality microfiber towels already ready for this job. How many pads would you recommend if I plan on doing a lot of work at a time without having to wash them?

Like you, I may have to driveway warrior this. What did you do to keep it in the shade? Use an ez-up or just work in the morning before the sun rises?
I have a tree in my front yard, so I wash it there. And then, my garage(which is a 1 car and used as an office) has a driveway in front that actually shields the sun at many parts of the day. In the morning the tree shields and then in the afternoon half my car is in the shade now that the sun lies low. I have done some polishing in muted sun and it has worked the same for me. How many pads? Well, I find the orange pad is done after a half an hour or so. And then I do some with the white pad. Basically, counting the time I spend with a wash, getting things out and putting away, I tend to do maybe 3 hours at a time. But I really wasted a lot of time with the wrong products. Make sure those microfiber towels are good ones--when your wiping off the polish after the machine it is real easy to introduce new scratches...believe me.