View Single Post
      05-30-2014, 01:38 PM   #7
AceManUSC
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

I went to Bullet Performance in Costa Mesa, CA to have the window molding around the windshield replaced, it was dried and cracking. They were awesome, by the way. They lifted the car up and looked at all four tires. I had a nail in the front driver tire. A nail sticking through the sidewall of the rear passenger tire, and a small piece of metal stuck in the rear driver that didn't quite penetrate the tire. So, thats a mess. I had them patch the front tire and I am not sure what to do with the rears. I called my local tire guy and he can get me 2 Michellin run flats for $145 a piece, which is a great price. Should I buy 2, and keep the Continental Contipros up front since they still have a lot of tread, or should I bite the bullet and buy 4?

Conversely, I was considering upping the wheel size to 18". The only problem is, I think the car will look weird after that, unless I do Eibach lowering springs, Bilstein shocks, etc. So now it becomes like $3500-4000 for new wheels, tires, suspension/lowering components, installation and tax on everything. Does anyone know if the car is going to need to be lowered?
Appreciate 0