View Single Post
      11-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #6632
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHR View Post
Thanks. I've been there twice. I'm not sure if I want to push the ethanol content that high...concerned about long-term ethanol corrosion issues...
Right now I'm running a summer PTF e-tune from Jake that's been starting to pull timing now (-6, -8 degrees) in the colder weather, so I threw in a few gallons of E85 with a Vpower fill-up and everything settled down nicely. Since I'm already at ca. E25, another gallon of E85 brings me to E30, but the Cobb OTS E30 map requires DP...

Most likely your ProTune runs similar timing as our OTS E30 map, so I doubt there would be much if any gain from going with our OTS. Jake is a good guy and I'm sure he could let you know if there's more to be had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingpanda View Post
I loaded those maps (IJE0S) and my timing always peaked at around 9 degrees near redline where as in the v402 it always peaked at around 13 degrees.

Truth be told, I only tried v403 for about a day as I preferred the older map and maybe I didn't let it adapt though...

The 403 maps are the same as 402 as far as timing goes. We upped the version when they went from beta to release. We tweaked the WGDC table for some overshoots we were seeing, but even 91 customers seemed to have solid timing logs if using a proper mix, so we approved them for 91 as well. Keep in mind that these maps are really aggressive regardless, so make sure you log. If you're seeing corrections, you can use ATR to pull some timing, or contact one of our ProTuners if you want as much power as possible for a specific car.

-Josh
Appreciate 0