View Single Post
      04-06-2017, 02:02 PM   #5265
Road Rage
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW335is

Hi Guys,
In 2015 I bought a BMW CPO 2011 335is convertible with 30000 miles on it and I bought the Platinum Extended warranty for 6 years 60000 miles. I bought this at Century BMW in Universal City in California. So far i've put on about 20000 miles on it and loving every minute of it. The only issue i've had is when the CEL went on my car and had issues with the ignition coils, took that to the dealer and they fixed the problem and my cost is the $100.
Anyway I have been going through the 400 or so post about MHD, it took a while to go tru all of those post, I see some of the guys who post there are also members here.
I would like like to know your experience with the dealers, I have been thinking of installing MHD for my car. I was hoping to that you guys who still has warranty on their cars or extended warranty and installed MHD can tell me if they ever had any issue bringing back their cars to the dealer for warranty service, I saw a post (2016) there that this guy supposedly uninstalled MHD and re flashed back to stock and MHD info still showed up when the dealer connected to the ODB. One guys I spoke to who owns an M3 said the you void the warranty if they see MHD, they'd know you kinda like tampered with the software and added performance enhancement on the car that could have damaged the car.
I had all the necessary hardware to install MHD but hesitant in installing it if I am going to void my warranty.
Can somebody post a screenshot with MHD installed then re flash back to stock and get a screenshot with stock Factory and current software version. Does it or does it not leave any info of MHD, can the dealer actually find out if you change Software?

Thanks,
Rick
Appreciate 0