View Single Post
      09-12-2016, 03:34 AM   #20
luxe91
Rep
Drives: 2006 E91

Problem solved

I have very recently fixed my error and am giving it a few days to ensure the error does not come back. I'll write up a more detailed version. Here is the summary.

I was also working with 2 other forum members, as noted in posts above, having the same issue and it turned out there was a different solution for each person, reason being that these errors represent a hardware fault in the can-bus network and the causes can be varied.

I would suggest that anyone having these errors follow a diagnostic process to verify the continuity and resistance on the can-low and can-high wires before replacing parts.

Solution 1: Forum member had water under the carpets which lead to lateral acceleration sensor connector getting corroded. Issue fixed with new sensor and cleaned up connector.

Solution 2: Prior owner had attempted a poor repair of the f-can wiring going to the lateral acceleration sensor. Replacing the wiring solved the problem.

Solution 3 (my case): Replacing abs module with another used part solved the problem. This was necessary because my old module had no resistance between f-can low and high. It had basically burnt out. I did not send it for a rebuild because it was not showing the typical error that the re-builders normally address.

The tests in the document noted below can help greatly:

http://www.esd-electronics-usa.com/C...ing-Guide.html
Appreciate 2