View Single Post
      10-30-2017, 12:31 PM   #35
cemotherapy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335i

Hi guys, I'm new here and this page is a godsend.

I've been experiencing problems very similar to the ones posted here.
My issues started with the car going in limp mode under heavier acceleration. The problem went away as soon as I turned the car off and on again. It soon degenerated to limp mode after ~10 miles driven. None of the issues on start up that the others have described.

I sent the car to an indy. He replaced the vanos solenoids ans the valvetronic servomotor. He checked the injectors, spark plugs and coils, oil pumps. Everything else was fine.
Despite no fault codes appearing, the car wouldn't start when valvetronic was included. Worked perfectly at low rpm otherwise, so I'm guessing that vanos is fine

After extensive investigation, he found that the servomotor would lock in the lowest setting (valves nearly shut) and wouldn't budge. Tried manually adjusting and then starting - no luck.

We sent the car to a beemer dealership to try reprogramming it. They couldn't connect to the DME at first, but around the 5th try they reinstalled the software. As per standard procedure, removed the key from ignition, restarted 5 minutes later and the new soft was removed. They tried this multiple times.

So now they're telling me that either my DME is screwed and needs replacing/fixing or there might be a massive electric fuck up somewhere - short circuit, roasted fuses and whatnot.

So far I'm inclined to try and fix the DME, but it's far from a given.

Additional info : I'm not sure they checked the actuator or the eccentric shaft sensor, as suggested on other threads. Checked with service info - the vanos bolt was probably changed, but can't guarantee it.

Thanks for any input.
Appreciate 0