///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph335 View Post
NP

I would look into replacing the charge pipe with an aftermarket one if I were you. The stock ones are plastic and will break over time and the longevity of the product is affected if your car is tuned.
I agree with you that the OEM part is poorly designed. This is the second time that the charge pipe has broken, the first time under the original warranty. However, ...

My wife's 335is has been replaced by a 2018 M3 ZCP in Individual San Marino Blue, so we are selling the 335is. The charge pipe broke just a week before the M3 arrived at our dealer after doing Euro Delivery this summer. After the dealer initially telling us it would cost $770 to replace the charge pipe, I decided to do it myself but then I found two letters from BMW in our files from July and September 2017 saying that the charge pipe warranty was increased to 100,000 miles/10 years. So the car went back to the dealer, the repair was done for free by the dealer, and the car is ready for sale.

We live in California and aftermarket charge pipes are not certified for smog emissions. The car has to have a smog check before it can be sold. In this case a free OEM charge pipe beats an aftermarket charge pipe.

Appreciate 0