DallasBoosted
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-y View Post
He did suggest fixes in his post (oil cooler, intercooler, LSD, radiator). I don't think he meant to insult anyone, but he's telling the truth, lol. But if you are just doing a few track days, it's no big deal, just run what you brung and don't put a ton of work into your car. Just avoid the hot summer months and you should be mostly okay.

but if you are really serious about tracking, you need to be prepared to spend a very large amount of money, and you'll have to give up some of the creature comforts that make the 335i such a great street car. After it's all added up, you could have used that money to get a 2nd car for the track that would be faster, and more fun than the 335i on the track, yet you'll still be able to keep your comfortable 335 for the street.
I'm not saying the advice doesn't have merit, just that it doesn't belong in a "help me improve my car" thread. It belongs in a "should I mod my car or buy a different one?" thread, of which there are some.

It would be like going in the power/mods thread and spamming every thread with "ZOMG THAT IZ SO DUM GET AN '85 STANG FOR POWER AND KEEP YOUR 335 NICE FOR THE STREET LOLZ!!!!!" it's true, it's just not useful.
Appreciate 0