View Single Post
      10-29-2007, 01:13 AM   #14
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
Truthfully, I personally dont mind all the excitement about the 135. What irks myself and members of this forum is when people, some who don't even OWN a E9x, talks about how it'll kill a 335 because of blah blah blah and completely disrespecting our vehicles. Even if the 135 was available when I purchased my car I wouldnt have gone for it. I had the sedan on order until I saw the coupe and was stunned at how beautiful it looked. The approx 100lbs difference is nothing to me. Thats a cf hood, trunk, and lighter wheel difference.

Hope you guys enjoy the car and its what you hope. Everything with the weight right now is speculation. When I ship my car in the next couple weeks I'll get the exact weight, post it up, and you guys can go from there.
I understand your position. I am disgusted by those people as well irregardless my vehicle of choice. I am looking forward to your measurement.

I am sure you can understand some of the frustration here if people started to question the caliberation of your scales, methods, fuel levels, and the truthfulness of your measuremnts. I assure you the detractor of the 135i will bring the same points into question when it's measured by a private 1 owner. All of us know to take these things with grain of salt but when one openly questions the validity of BMW published figures it becomes just a tad absurd. (We are well aware of the published figures on BMWNA are preliminary. )

Only trying to foster a constructive discussion or debate on the general car talk forum.
Appreciate 0