Thread: N54 to N55 Swap
View Single Post
      09-20-2021, 11:19 AM   #5

Drives: 09 E92 335i XDrive
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Originally Posted by C.Pop View Post
You're trading one set of problems for another going to N55. I'd either put another N54 in there, or most likely sell the car. The resale value of these cars is not high, the level of effort to change engine type will be high, so the only way I'd do a non-native swap is if it holds some emotional appeal (i.e. LS swap, something cool like that). Otherwise just sell the car and buy something more to your liking.
I'm definitely leaning towards throwing another n54 in and then flipping the car. I bought it for 1k so anything above 5k would be profit. The blue book value for the 09 335i Drive sits around 10-11k. If I do decide to swap it would you recommend going up to an n55 car for reliability or just stay with the same car and fix the kinks?
Appreciate 0