funkahdafi
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: Z4 (E89) sDrive 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkahdafi View Post
Hi,

I have the same problem after switching from my 4th gen iPod (worked without problems) to a new 120 gig iPod Classic.

And there definitely is a pattern to it: It works fine when you start the car the first time. If you make a short break (gas station, whatever) and have the car turned off for only a few minutes and turn it back on, then the iPod is no longer recognized. This is reproducable.

As soon as the car is turned off long enough for all electronics to go down (I think this takes 10 minutes or more), the iPod will be back.

Looks like a software issue to me. I will have my car at the dealership to get my new wheels and will have them put the newest software on. I will report back if that changes the behavior.
Good news. I promised you to report when my car was in repair.

Well, I got it back today. Amongst some other fixes, they took care of the iPod disconnection problem and fixed it. Part of the fix was a new iPod 6FL connection cable (the y-cable). It's a new version and looks slightly different to the one I had before. It's more flexible and the box on the cable is a lot smaller. You now no longer bend the connectors when closing the arm rest.

They also programmed the progman to the newest version, but they did this because of engine problems, so I am not sure whether this had any effect on the iPod as well.
Appreciate 0