View Single Post
      06-26-2018, 03:25 PM   #15
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

OP...

I think you definitely want to start by keeping the stock resonator. I think you would not regret keeping it but you can always delete or swap it later. It does a nice job taming the rasp and tractor sound at idle which is probably what you didn’t like about the first video.

Also I think the burble tune probably isn’t needed if you design for good flow you will have nice mild burbles that sound “performance” and not “obnoxious”.

I have as mentioned:
AA catless headers
SS secondary cat deletes
Stock resonator/v pipe
AA anti drone muffler

I get more compliments on my exhaust than you can imagine. It’s perfect sound, mellow at cruise with zero drone. I get pops and backfires, mild burbles. It’s pretty much flow optimized but the sound is great. At cruise you can’t hear it from inside the cabin very mellow. Windows down at WOT it screams. I posted some YouTube videos on the last or second to last page in my “exhaust to go with AA headers thread”. It’s maybe 2-3 pages back on this forum.

I would strongly advise against a muffler delete. I can’t see anyone wanting to live with that drone and obnoxious level of volume all the time from no secondary cats, headers, and no muffler. That is just a bad idea right there.

Here’s a video at WOT passing through an underpass with windows down and open sunroof. It’s deafening under these conditions but extremely quiet when you don’t go WOT.

This is highway cruising with windows up:

Last edited by Biginboca; 06-26-2018 at 05:33 PM..
Appreciate 3
dwashy64.50
gT-BMW203.00