View Single Post
      06-11-2018, 04:33 PM   #37
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Just reading this, it seems like they are trying to get rid of you. No company would put an educated engineer in this situation, if they want to keep that person. And the "nothings changing from your boss, combined with the lack of upward mobility - why would you stay there?

Her real value to the company may be in getting rid of people they don't want to keep, but don't have the balls to fire or lay off. If they do either, they have to pay unemployment, whereas if you quit, they don't.

Look around within whatever industry you work in, and start interviewing with those companies. Don't expect them to relocate you (although they might) - figure that part out on your own. Be aggressive- the world awaits!!

Or, stay with her, and they will likely lay you off - beware....
Although your comments do have a considerable amount in credibility, I'm both saddened and delighted that this isn't the case. This place just happens to be this sideways. I spoke to the plant manager today and discussed the situation with him. He was very adamant about my staying with the company. There have been talks as of late about my position being shifted from this facility only to a company wide type situation but nothing is in stone. If I am to pull up my skin and stick it out, I too will have a job until I choose not to. Perhaps I may just have to stick it out here for a while longer. There will be changes coming soon as I have no intention in continuing my current situation at work or at home, but patience is key at the moment. I have a few loose ends to tie up with my home and then I look to sell it for profit and move altogether.
Appreciate 1
bbbbmw2393.50