View Single Post
      07-28-2019, 08:56 AM   #48
BlueM3Wagon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 e91

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRE View Post
The port right behind the throttle body which is otherwise plugged should work just fine as well, without drilling anything. Any reason they didn't use that?
I can see two reasons maybe?

1: not having to pull the tubes and SC to get back to that port, I'd imagine it's kind of a pain in the ass to get to with everything hooked up and installed.

2: better position for PSI? I've read to avoid next to the TB because it's directly in the flow and can give bouncy signal? I'm assuming that as long as you lube the bits and tap (that's what she said) you can drill with the IM while it's on. Any little pieces of plastic that fall into it will just get gobbled up and burned in the engine with no real issues? If this is true, I could drill and tap 6 nozzles on top of the IM for meth. I was considering using these silicone nozzle bungs and spraying directly into the charge pipe but here it's far more effective to spray directly into the IM tracks, especially since you can adjust each channel directly (poor design of N52/54 IM, uneven air distribution?)

Follow on Instagram: BlueM3wagon
Appreciate 0