View Single Post
      08-01-2019, 08:01 PM   #66
Kubricks
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 130i M/T

I think I have the version 2. Hardware fits almost perfectly it's the software side that is causing issues;
1. With original ESS tune, the engine power is cut when the brake is applied, meaning I can't rev match downshift.
2. The ESS tune is not making a lot of power to be honest, +35~40whp max. It's not until I have a custom tune on dyno to make some reasonable power.
3. The "charge pipe" thermo expended and pop off about 4 times in 2 years, I have to re-tighten it every now and then still. This isn't a very big issue, but there is still no solution.
Also from my previous research, ESS' MAF tune always have minor issue on idling, even AJ admitted that and request me to use a MAFless tune, which I did. The car idles rock solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRE View Post
This kit does make the platform more desirable. In my case it was a matter of selling the car or supercharging it. My wife said she didn't want me selling a car that I've had for less than a year and to "just buy the damned supercharger".
In my case I wanted to keep my E87 hatchback because of the 4 doors.
E9x is too big for my taste, E82 is 2 doors coupe, so I can't get N54/55 variant on the platform I wanted, and that's that.