Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougand View Post
Hey all. Only been a BMW owner for about a week, but Cobb AP has definitely caught my eye. Been going through this thread for last several days to learn the earlier history of the AP on BMW. This may be a stupid first question here, but one thing that I've had in mind, and haven't seen asked, is how do the AT modes behave with AP. Is there still a big difference between D and DS modes? Does the tune have much impact on shift performance or behavior? Surprised I haven't seen this in the first 5000+ posts I've filtered through.
I have a 6AT and the trans is holding up fine, no difference in shift feeling or response. Just like when it's in D mode, shifts are geared more for comfort & when it's in DS, the shifts are made as quickly as possible for best acceleration. If you get ProTune'd, you can actually get different throttle responses (like Stock Throttle for D & then Linear Throttle for DS) build into your map.

IF you get power crazy like enrita (RB turbos, Meth, excessive track use), you might have to eventually upgrade your AT once it starts giving sloppy shifts.
Appreciate 0