View Single Post
      04-02-2014, 01:09 PM   #99
BrianMN
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloTheGod View Post
OP, is this still on? I read you did some R&D for the E92 already. Plan on releasing the specs and dimensions of the aero kit or perhaps even releasing a full product?

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates on this. This is actually my first time on e90post for a couple years now. My apologies for the lack of response to PMs! Things have been busy with local car things as well as Indy/USF2000 activities.

Things had progressed substantially since this first kit (almost embarrassing looking back at it), most notably I've started making underbody panels, ductwork, airboxes, headlight replacements, etc out of composites. I've built a few systems for a handful of different cars over the past couple years, but time hasn't allowed me to make anything other than one-off aero systems and a handful of systems for E90s.

In any case- here's the current E90 version that was used for 2013, along with different splitter lengths/strengths. The best benefit of making things out of carbon is the strength - and negating the need to have any form of cable supports for the front splitter- even with the 3/8" splitter two grown adults can stand/bounce on it, and with the 1/2" splitter I've had 660lbs of manmeat bouncing on it and actually bottoming out the splitter on the ground. The newest one only had 4 bolts for up/down strength instead of 6, but also has added strength from expansion areas in front of the front wheels.

Anyways - here are some pics. (Please disregard the dirty underbody - I didn't realize these pics would show as much detail) Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to respond in a timely manner

Underbody 1 by Brian May 80d, on Flickr

rawAZB_9093 by Brian May 80d, on Flickr

rawAZB_9050_3 by Brian May 80d, on Flickr

rawAZB_9048_1 by Brian May 80d, on Flickr

rawAZB_7940_2 by Brian May 80d, on Flickr

rawAZB_7925 by Brian May 80d, on Flickr

Untitled by Brian May 80d, on Flickr

Race Splitter - 1/2" Thick, 4" out by Brian May 80d, on Flickr

Race Splitter - 1/2" thick, 4" out by Brian May 80d, on Flickr

Last edited by BrianMN; 04-09-2014 at 12:33 PM..
Appreciate 1
roastbeef11586.00