Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi (E90)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothwem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 Doors View Post
Awesome, this is exactly what I was hoping to hear! And I already have a roof box!
Just to add, we cannot fit our infant seat behind the driver, and it doesn't fit in the middle either. It'll just barely work behind the passenger, but the passenger gets a bit cramped if its scooted up enough. The E91 is fine as a second vehicle for occasional use, but I think it'd be a pain to get everything in there for a longer road trip. Maybe when my son is front facing, but we've got at least another year in the enormous infant seat. We've got a Chicco Fit2, in case anyone is curious.

The lack of room is mainly why I've been eyeing E61s, but my wife has an MDX that honestly is all of the road trip car that we really need. For road trips, our MDX swallows all of our crap including our ridiculously large BOB stroller, gets almost the same mileage as the E91 and who cares about handling when you're just pointing it at the interstate and setting the cruise.
Bummer to hear this, someone just gifted us the Chicco KeyFit 30. Sounds like it will be a tight fit as rear-facing for a while! I will have to test-fit it once we receive it. My niece's front facing car seat had no problems in my E91. So hoping I can last with the rear-facing infant for a while (the car seat that is! .

Current: 2011 E91 328i M-Sport Touring
Past: 2008 E90 335xi
1996 E36 328i Sport
Appreciate 0