Bumps
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk View Post
Gordon, I really do think the lack of 3G or HSCD is going to be a problem for the iPhone.

Apple have been bragging about it being 'everything you'll ever want out of a mobile', even though it doesn't have GSM & can't actually tell you where to go, even though you can go to Google Maps to find a location, albeit 'slowly'!

There will be mobiles released over the next 18 months which will transfer data a lot faster than the iPhone can manage when it's released here.

To think buyers will possibly change their network provider, move to an 'older' generation of mobile data transfer & pay for the privilege of doing so- crazy :sad0147:!

Viv
Totaly right Viv IMHO. It's just a 'pretty' phone and doesn't move the game on in any significant respect (for me anyway). I'll be getting a SE P1i or 850i when my contract runs out. Not tempted by the iPhone whatsoever and I'm both an O2 user and Apple fan. Just think it's a bit of a gimmick. Imagine how trashed it's going to look after a bit of use too. That huge screen all greasy and paw marked and the whole thing will probably scratch badly too. So on top of your £700 ish you'll have to get a bulky protective case!!
Appreciate 0