View Single Post
      10-28-2015, 12:58 PM   #1
89Rustang
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi

Exclamation Not your typical 4x4! DTC issue, or is it?

Hi All,

2011 e90 335 xDrive 56k miles

Long time reader, first time poster. I have been battling this issue for quite some time. To start, I had the trifecta on and off since winter and especially after I hit a pothole very hard in the spring. It did eventually go away but would come back every so often. I had 4 new tires and an alignment done while it was on and off as well. I finally read the code and it read low voltage so i thought, it's the battery! I replaced the battery, and YES, the lights went away for a few months. But now I have them back, but this time, ONLY the 4x4! and DTC lights remain, the ABS light went away. The battery was reading 11.7 volts so I thought I got a bad battery or fried it by not registering it. Replaced battery again, registered it, but lights remain and still shows low voltage after a couple hours.

I always use alarm because I have read about the sleep mode etc.

So now I am thinking it really is a bad module or actuator this time, but why the low voltage? Can they drain when in sleep mode? Maybe it's the dampness? Was a very dry summer and now we get rain it comes back.

Here are the codes from iCarly:

ABS / DSC / Brake:
Dynamische Stabilitaets Kontrolle / DSC
Fault: :Clutch is in the open position - rear wheel drive - Transfer Ec / distributor
gear fault / Transmission ECU Failure / Transfer case
Code: 5F3A

Transmission Control:
Transmission / Getriebe GS 19
ECU OK, no Fault Code
Transmission / Getriebesteuerung
Fault: Supply voltage
Code: 53FC

While running I show 14.7 volts, 12.4 immediately after engine off.

Any help or ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by 89Rustang; 10-28-2015 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: Thanks
Appreciate 0