rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Honestly, they earn circa £400K p/a both together as PAYE employees with bonuses etc, they don't have an accountant, never done a self assessment, don't know what a tax code is.

They have all sorts of BIKs, company holidays, cars, freebies etc. I ask about a P11D and just get a blank look. He says anything from the revenue that's not a bill they just chuck out!!

They keep getting random bills off the revenue, and they just pay up, no questions asked, sometimes for tens of thousands in arrears for BIK's they don't even remember.
Bleedin' hell. Suppose that's OK if you've always got the financial clout to bail you out. A client of mine, simply due to an oversight (not by me I might add) has just received a tax bill of £50k, he's well & truly fucked, no way of raising that level of cash so is in the hands of the revenue for leniency. If they're that lapse, and that wealthy, sounds like they'll have a hell of an IHT problem.

If you get me in there I'll get you a Porsche track day (sorry, don't think I could stretch to buying you an actual car)
Appreciate 0