View Single Post
      12-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #6785
racerg35335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Space gray 335i coupe

[QUOTE=VNeBLOB42;13229105]It's tough to really say. It's best to stick with the same pump station to help chances of consistency. Try to use a good quality, like propel fuels, which I think is only located here in the west coast.

I was pro e tuning for over a month with several fill ups and the logs were never drastically different. It's just best to log here and there, may not be necessary at every fill up, but maybe if you go to a different station.

Also, the winter blends could be different then summer, I would consider to have your tuner to review logs again in the summer time.

In the end my car did fine with many fill ups, just be consistent with your blends and you'll be fine.

You should expect to see numbers like this with E50

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have seen your thread in the past. They are awesome numbers!!! I only have 1 station with e85 near me so I will always fill up at that location. I was hoping that with the tune being done in the winter I should be safe in the summer due to higher ethanol content (that is if there is any difference), but that is just speculation. I have no problem keeping an eye on logs, just don't want to test fuel before I fill up. I didn't want to have to worry about doing a pull and having my car go boom right after a fill up. Lol. You say you were etuned for over a month. What are you running now? Were there any drawbacks to the tune other than gas mileage. Again, I appreciate your advice.

[
Appreciate 0