04-06-2016, 03:27 PM   #54
BKBMW335I
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E93 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.I.P. View Post
I had the PPK flashed on my E90 11' 335i x-Drive recently and while there are certainly gurgles and some pops it isn't anywhere near what i was hoping for. Right now the only mods on my car are the PPK flash, Alpina TCU flash and the 3.5" VRSF Downpipe. I was hoping that the cat-less DP would have increased the gurgles and pops some but it really didn't do all that much. I have to drive with my windows completely down and next to a divider (reflects the sound) for the sound to be noticeable from inside the cabin and even then i have to really be listening for it...

I have the JB4, Chargepipe, FMIC and drop in filter coming in this week and hopefully that will help a bit. I was hoping not to have to get an aftermarket exhaust to get the sound i want but its starting to look like i might have to. Of course being an X-Drive i also have the secondary cats in the exhaust system so i have to wonder if those are killing a lot of the sound from the car.
Honestly I believe that the DPs kill the gurgles and pops because it helps expel those burnt gasses (from what understand the gurgles and pops occur because it is unburnt fuel) so I'm not surprised.

No amount of mods will improve that but I think if we took our DPs off and just ran the regular restrictive/stock one then it would produce more gurgles and pops.
Mods: MHD Stg 2, xHP Flashtool Stage 3, VRSF 3" Chargepipe, Megan 4" Downpipes, Pure N55 Inlet, Outlet, VSRF 5" Stepped Intercooler, GFB Diverter, BMS N55 Intake, Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve, CF Spoiler, CF Kidney Grille, CF Mirror Covers, CF Eyelids, CF Wheel Hub Covers, CF Diffuser, M Sport Racing Strip, 20% Tints, and Golf Tee Mod
Appreciate 0