Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terraphantm View Post
Kickdown threshold is c_v_pvs_thd_kd

In non-BN2000 cars, kickdown status is broadcast on ARBID 0x329 (DME2) Byte6 Bit 2 (0 = off, 1 = on)
In BN2000 cars, it's broadcast on ARBID 0xAA (Torque 3) byte 6 I think (0xB = Kickdown on)
Ya, the kick-down switch seems to be something monitored by the DME, At least it's part of the INPA jobs for the DME and not the GKE211.

I've logged the throttle angle and I can not get a 110% reading from anything. Max I see is the 100% all the way up to and past the kick-down switch.

I also used my Dash Commander to log throttle angle, engine load and RPMs on the way home tonight. Seems pretty consistent that a normal or slow take off and run through the gears uses a 25% throttle angle but shows up as a 55% engine load. Each up-shift happens around 2,000 RPM. This appears to follow one of the economy maps based on throttle more than engine load.

Even the kickdowns seem to follow the throttle angle concept as it's really easy to push the DME to near full load with 50% throttle and not force a downshift.

I need to run proper logs to really settle this. I'm doing to much from chicken scratch notes.
Appreciate 0