11-15-2018, 04:24 AM   #4124
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Mod 104 - Helix Audio Upgrade - Part 1

Spcgry is back from Profound Sound after stage 1 of the audio upgrade.... as promised a full review ...... First up big call out to Jay and Rhys from Profound. Rhys made sure I was looked after and is one of the most customer focused guys you could wish to meet... and Jay who did the install and tune. Did an amazing job going above and beyond on the wiring loom and attention to detail across the whole fit out. Then he followed up with a detailed run down of the build spending time to make sure everything was perfect before handing over the car. Very professional all round.

Stage 1 involved swapping out the audison bit 8.9 and Alpine monoblock, which while nice kit, was simply not beefy enough to handle the 10 speaker active set up and13" sub. These components were swapped out for a Helix V8 DSP running the in cabin speakers and a Helix M one driving the in boot sub. Nice clean mounting of the hardware under the boot trim, All new wiring ready for stage 2 and a tune to give a crisp and clear front sound stage..... In addition the Hexlix V8 was fitted with a BT expansion car (for lossless BT streaming) and a controller for bass and vol.

So how does it sound? In a word awesome. would love another 10% in max vol but is clear as a bell maxed out, bass is incredible and the sound stage is great.... overall im very happy with how it's turned out

So how much did this cost? well cant kiss and tell, but I can say top end hardware and master craftsmanship aint cheap but the final bill was spot on, good value for money (no raping) and best of all the result was top class.....would I recommend.... yes best audio shop in Melb ... IMO

Pics below

Pic 1 - Jay from Profound Sound
Pic 2 - Before - note the messy wiring loom
Pic 3 - After
Pics 4 - 7 Helix V8 DSP and Helix M One amp
Pic 8 & 9 - Boot
Pic 10 - Controller (to be mounted)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0