View Single Post
      03-20-2023, 04:45 PM   #248
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

this was posted today by a bimmerpost member re the jb+ plug & play software; i am just about to order the jb+ as i do not want to affect the dme or do a flash update at this time; my only mods will be the jb+ software and dual cone inlet air filters.

could you please comment re the post and advise of your thoughts re the jb+ software for a essentially stock n54 - if possible please provide your thoughts in the next 24 hrs as i intend to order on wed of this week - thank you:

"The JB+ and JB4 are piggyback systems that hijack certain operations of the DME. The JB4 takes over the boost control from the DME so it will have full control of the wastegates rather than the DME.

Essentially the amount of boost the engine produces is no longer under the control of the DME but everything else like timing is. It will be most noticeable at part throttle, rather than getting predictable power delivery you'll end up all or nothing in terms of torque. With a good DME tune you'll get stock like power delivery where you can module the power precisely at part throttle.

The best analogy I can think of for a piggyback is that it's like driving a car with one person operating the pedals another moving the gearstick and wheel. You might get where you want to eventually but it'll be disjointed."