View Single Post
      12-04-2022, 11:00 AM   #170
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Alabama was highly favored in both games they lost this year so not sure betting lines matter much to seeing who belongs in the playoffs. And if giving credit to Bama for close losses, what about the 1-point win vs. Texas? The could be 9-3 just as easily at 11-1.

Like I’ve been saying, Bama had a down year for Bama and the SEC West had what was probably its weakest year in a long time. LSU’s 4th loss vs. UGA doesn’t help Bama. There is no objective measure that merits Bama being the first 2-loss team to get into playoffs this year.

I agree UGA is in a class of their own and should win everything again. I think it will be 1. UGA, 2. Michigan, 3. TCU 4. Ohio State. Ohio State wouldn’t be there without the USC loss and TCU played a good game so I think TCU stays at 3. Michigan - Ohio State rematch only happens if they both win first games.
Agree with most what you said. Fine with TCU at #3 to avoid a first round Big10 match-up. Nothing objective will move Alabama above TCU but watching both teams and Alabama with their schedule against the SEC West and tough teams like Arkansas, Ole Miss, LSU, A&M and to come out with 2 last minute losses by a handful of points. People want to see competitive games. TCU is going to get schooled by Georgia and I'll likely flip the channel by end of the 1st quarter. In my opinion, Georgia needs to earn it and it should go through Alabama. If they had met in the SEC championship and they beat Alabama, then yea I say leave them off but that did not happen.
A number of ridiculous things had to happen to even get this conversation on the table and all of it happened. Providence points to putting Bama in but fine either way.
Appreciate 0