View Single Post
      12-28-2012, 04:25 AM   #2
mjr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Now that the well overdue first post is out of the way – here’s what I’ve done to the car since August…
• BMW Performance Kidney Grilles
• BMW Performance Diffuser painted dark grey – similar colour to the standard diffuser
• BMW M3 Boot Lip Spoiler
• BMW Rubber Floor Mats
• 2013 Map Update
• BMW style 188 and Michelin Alpin winter wheel package fitted in December

I've had a couple of warranty items addressed too. The left exhaust flap was rattling when the car was in its warm up mode, i.e. when the left exhaust flap was completely closed off for the first 30 seconds after starting with a cold engine. The left exhaust backbox was replaced and has solved the problem. The window was moving against the window seals which were making an annoying noise – this was solved with BMW applying their special rubber cleaner and lubricant. Apart from that I'm pretty stoked! There’s still a couple of other annoying rattles/ squeaks – seat base one is on my hit list next – anybody else have this?

The car had an oil change, brake fluid change, micro and air filter change back in September - supplied my own oil, which they forgot to use, so I got £60 worth of oil for free! Total bill £217, which isn’t half bad! My car hasn’t used a drop of oil (according to the computer) in 6k miles since then

I've had the security update installed too – but this has now meant that I can’t programme the car with NSC as I haven’t got the latest Daten files – anybody know where to get this from?

As for future upgrades, I'm undecided – but would like a BMWP exhaust, Alpine upgrade, 6FL/ 6NF/ 6NR retrofit.

In the new year I'm going to be having the wheels that are currently shadow chrome returned to their factory finish – Diamond cut/ Ferric Grey and will most likely be putting a set of SuperSports on them.

Appreciate 0