ISSA335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post
First -

Take care of the laundry list before you tune, or you will have trouble.

1) new plugs
2) new coils
3) intake valve cleaning
3) new injectors, if they have 100,000 miles or more on them.

Second -

Get -

1) Aluminum Charge pipe
2) Dual intake cones or better Cold Air Intake box like an AFE Momentum GT
3) 5" or 7" stepped FMIC
4) 1.75" Silicone inlets
5) 1.5 to 2.0" Silicone outlets

Th whole idea is to max out the amount of "cold" air going to the Turbos in order to generate HP. The outlets won't generate much HP on stock turbos, but they will set you up for success (20-30hp gains) in the future on non-stock Turbos.

I agree with the poster(s) about tint & savings account for your N54.

1) the second you tune, the lifespan of the injectors, coils & plugs gets cut in half. So, you'd be smart to get them from FCP Euro, where you get a lifetime Warranty. Although BAP has a sweet deal in index 12 injectors for about $1000.00 with lifetime warranty.

N54's are not cheap to maintain. Trust us on that. The N54 is a great but temperamental engine at times.

2) I'd check w/ your state's law regarding "tint" and what the legal limit is. I wouldn't go over that limit. I'd also carry the receipt for that tint job, which specifically states the % put on the car, in your glove box. This way if an officer tries to write you a ticket, you can avoid that problem right, then & there. It really sucks to have to show up to court with a document that says you have removed the tint from your car.
I appreciate all the input, Regarding the window police in my area are very lax on window tint, I have several friends and car guys that all have 20% or darker and have never had any trouble over the past several years. The car has 80k miles on it and has brand new injectors already and I think the turbos were also replaced by the previous owner because they seem to be in excellent condition, I have no turbo rattle and the car feels like it has good boost for a stock car. I have driven other 335's with fewer miles that don't feel as strong as my car and have noticeable turbo rattle. With that being said will definitely start a repair fund and replace the coils just to be safe. I will also look at the intake valves when I get the time and see what kind of shape they are in and if they will need to be walnut blasted. Definitely wanna make sure the car will be safe and as reliable at the power level I'm shooting for as possible
Appreciate 0