View Single Post
      05-13-2007, 08:03 PM   #19
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry335 View Post
My non-sport stock wheels/tires were around 54# each, these guys are around 43# each, so 44# saved on the rims/tires, and the res delete saves around 15#. Not sure on the non-sport vs. sport weight, but I'm definetly 30#heavier than your average driver, and could stand to drop 2-3 gallons of gas (15#?).

Anyway whatever the reason may be it feels great to have the quickest slip of the day. I can't wait to try out a 100 octane map at sea level!
But today you were one of the lighter guys.
Both the PROcede owners were big guys (Jon was 230 and SoCal335i is probably 240-250). Jon (stock except the PROcede) had 1/2 tank gas too.
By sport package adding 20 pounds, I meant the other options that come with it (power lumbar seats, power folding mirrors, larger suspension pieces, etc)
And by 60 lbs in wheels/tires weight, I meant compared to the 56 pounds the sport package wheels/tires weigh.

Again, not taking anything away from you Terry, you did great today.
Just stating full disclosure facts that you had the lightest car (and least rotational mass) as well as probably one of the highest HP outputs with your mods (SoCal335i was probably making equal power) and the only one with DR's.
I was just hoping more 335i's with more mods would of showed up.
It was basically you and SoCal335i with really any mods whatsoever other than the "chips". I wanted to see more aftermarket exhausts as well as some manuals running for comparison.

We'll all hit Famoso in the fall. Still not a great track, but better than LACR.
I don't care about a 100 Octane map personally. I don't ever see myself running pure 100 Octane in there.
I like to run it in the same "everyday" mode I drive it in.
That's why, all my times are also set with my tire pressures at 35-37 psi on street tires.
I don't run DR's or even run low psi for additional traction.

I'm more curious to see what the effects of the LSD will do for times.
Hopefully we'll be able to compare LSD car's times to those with no LSD.
Now the wait for another 4-5 months before it starts to cool down again!
Appreciate 0