Thread: Help Procede
View Single Post
      07-14-2009, 05:15 PM   #15
boxter
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i E92

Shiv I notice perform cyclical changes with the engine without Procede, I thing that the DME sometimes automatically resets. I notice better response when that happens. I thought that Procede reset the DME when pressed the trottle, at least before I noticed the reset with older map, I would like to have this feature please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
I'm afraid you are wrong. Nothing has changed with respect to valet mode. The only thing we did recently was maintain the o2 sim feature when in valet mode. There should be no change in power or fuel economy. If you are seeing a change, it's from an external factor.

Sorry I misunderstood your previous question. Yes, it is normal. Nothing to even be concerned about. The lagfix feature is altitude compensated. No reason to get into the details.

No, the "Reset ECU" is just a reset of the PROcede, not the DME. And the reset of the DME (through throttle on/off, on/off) does not reset adaption values. We have found no reason to implement that feature into the PROcede since the adaption system is so quick to react.

Shiv
Appreciate 0