View Single Post
      03-27-2012, 03:31 PM   #25
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

My car experienced similar symptoms before the engine light on the Fixed Light Indicator finally turned on (during WOT at high engine RPM).

It turned out to be carbon build up, you just need to get it cleaned-out.

My car is '07 335i, Dinan S2 tuned, at 49k km, ~30k miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazd View Post
Hi all,
My vehicle:
Recently purchased CPO 2008 335i steptronic with no modifications and 58k miles.

Problem description:
On two occasions within the past month, my engine has "cut out" for a split second when accelerating under wide open throttle. The car will be accelerating fine around 5000 RPM, then will suddenly lose all engine power (not electrical, iDrive and dash are unaffected), then resume accelerating at full force less than a second later, resulting in quite the jolt and a drop in RPMs.

Supplemental information:
  • No lights are visible in dash during power loss (DTC is not flashing).
  • This is in the near the top of a gear (but not during a shift).
  • I cannot recall if I was in DS (sport mode) or not, but I was definitely not in steptronic (manual) mode.
  • I have not read codes yet, but I do not have check engine or any warning lights.

Research:
I searched extensively and found the following posts which describe the same issue (though they're on different or modified cars):

Has anyone else seen and/or resolved this problem?

The only suggestion reported as successful is replacing the fuel filter. Can anyone attest or refute this solution? Does anyone have other suggestions?

Please let me know if I can provide additional information. I appreciate your help and value your time!