View Single Post
      09-22-2015, 12:21 PM   #121
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

The plug I pulled was definitely soaked in fuel, not oil. While they're all pretty black, pistons heads and/or plugs themselves, none smelled like much of anything otherwise.

I thought valve seals was an N63 only thing? I've contacted the dealership about purchasing an aftermarket warranty after the fact, but then it comes down to what the warranty company covers, how do I explain what I've already taken apart and reinstalled to then say "oh, so I've potentially got an oil leak somewhere" without something catastrophic failing without being able to show them pictures as proof.

If you say turbos for sure, having worked on these cars everyday, have you had the turbos out of both an X5M and an M5 and can you verify if they're swappable because realoem pics aren't detailed enough and Garrett has yet to give me a reply to my email. While inconvenient timing wise, upgrading the turbos is something I'd like to do bigger picture no matter what, be it whatever makes the M5 vs X5M ones different to upgrades coming out in the future from shops who rebuild and modify them for more boost.

On a similar note, can you explain the differences between index -11 and -12 injectors and of the decouplers really need to be replaced with each swap? I've got an opportunity to buy 8 used (90 day warranty) -11 injectors with new teflon gaskets for $300 or new -12 (3yr warranty) injectors @ $900.

Last edited by m5james; 09-22-2015 at 12:56 PM..
Appreciate 0