View Single Post
      04-22-2019, 06:01 AM   #1
minky27
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Misfire when using E85 blend

Hi everyone, name is Irwin and I'm new to the forum and the BMW world. I have a 335i E92 that I'm having a hard time deciphering on what is going on. When I use 91 gas (California) and go WOT, I have no problem, but recently I tried playing with E85 blend using the E30 mix coupled with MHD E30 map. Idle and cruising is fine but when I go WOT, the car misfires on cylinder 5, ONLY, around 3500 RPM or so. I could not get a full log because it'll misfires before going redline. I figured my LPFP was going out since I noticed that'll it'll dip to 45psi when I go WOT.

So I bought a stage 2 upgrade (bucket) from EuroTuningGroup and installed it and filled up with an E50 mix and flashed an E50 map from MHD. Drove the car for about 20 miles and it seems fine, idle and regular cruising no problem and LPFP stays above 70. Now I decided to go WOT and I wont even go pass 3000RPM before getting the cylinder 5 misifre AGAIN and a lot earlier compared to E30 mix.

Is this a problem with the mix? I swapped the coils and spark plug (both have less than 5k miles) when I was having problem with E30 mix but the misfire stayed with cylinder 5. The injectors are brand new as well, revision 12s.

I'll be swapping out coils, spark plugs and possibly injectors for this E50 mix and see if I find anything but I'm guessing it'll be the same result as my E30 problem...

Any ideas?

Mods are:

Injen Intake, charge pipe upgrade with Tial, PSP 900 IC, new Valve Cover and gasket and running MHD Stage 1+ map.

Last edited by minky27; 04-22-2019 at 06:04 AM.. Reason: Added more info.
Appreciate 0