05-01-2011, 07:52 PM   #20
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESI4life10 View Post
If you wish to do an OEM conversion using OEM ballast, using a canceller won't work well.

Those cancellers work with AFTERMARKET Canbus ballast that use non D1S bulbs (most of the time). On top of that, you won't be able to mount the aftermarket ballast to the headlight like the OEM way (you can mount it below it). This way is basically fooling the computer into thinking it is still running halogen lights. I ran this setup for a while and only had errors during cold nights.

Now for the OEM way, you can do what orangedawg pointed out. After that you can "code" the car so that it realizes that it is running OEM xenons. Works just like out of the factory with no errors etc. If you don't have access to a coding cable or a place where you can get the car coded, this method probably won't work well for you.

But this is definately the OEM way to go. No fooling the computers, just programming it so that it knows xenons are installed.
hey DESI, aftermarket canbus ballast uses non d1s bulbs?
currently I am working on my conversion for my 1 series.
the xenon headlight uses OEM d1s bulb and I would like to use canbus ballast, which bulb HID kit should I use then??
thanks again,
Appreciate 0