View Single Post
      01-15-2019, 03:29 PM   #16
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

What ever the plastic and rubber pieces on cars today are made from seem to be rodent treats. I had mice and rodents take up residence in a stored vehicle, besides shit and piss and pills of seat cushion material as nest I never seen them eat wires or hoses. I did some house remolding and found 110V wires in the walls which were chewed and parts of installation was gone, this is how peoples houses burn down.

All my spark plug coils caps have been mostly eaten away by a mouse. My car hardly sits for more than a day, there has been a few time where we go on long trips and use our other car. Well that seem to be enough to attract a mouse to the value cover and took up residences to eat the coil covers. I even got squirrel eating a PVC fence i had put in about 6 yrs ago. They have eaten the tops of all the main support posts.

In the case of the Squirrels I am told they do this to wear their teeth down since they grown if they do not wear them down. I was told to be happen they just eating the fence since they could go after your house like siding and gutters and such.

Now here is a squirrel story and this is true, happen to a friend of mine.

Their daughter is off to college so her new car was sitting for 3 months in the driveway, daughter comes home for thanksgiving, car would not start, look like dead battery, open hood, family of squirrel took up residence, clear out the squirrel family, try jumping the car, still nothing no power.

Took car to dealer, get call from dealer squirrel eat all the wiring under the hood, $8000 in damage, insurance pays to fix, took 3 month.

The story gets better, Mom drives car to pick up daughter at college, on return trip, start to hit traffic on the highway, hits brakes, noting happens, pumps brakes still nothing, manages to get car into median and car rolls to a stop. Had car towed to dealer. Dealer calls, squirrels were crewing on the brake lines at the master cylinder. $3000 in damage, insurance paid to fix, the car has now been traded in and some poor idiot is driving a 2 yr old car with squirrel shit and damage under the hood.

OP, Those dryer sheets have been under the hood for a while see how much dirt is on them, those were not just put there.

Last edited by Maestro; 01-15-2019 at 03:42 PM..
Appreciate 0