01-19-2019, 10:55 AM   #18
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 550iflip View Post
So talked to the sales team that sold me the car, the guy I deal with in particular, and they agreed everything I say makes sense and there is no way they can prove it was my fault, i.e. active rat nest or fresh droppings etc.

He said there was a time they parked the cars on the dirt lot, he was actually much more honest than I expected about certain details, and I respect that. I expected them to cover it in the end but really act like they are doing me a favor. They handled the situation very well, from the mechanic, to the lead tech, and the sales guy, all handled it much better than I thought, going in with the idea I'm being "screwed".

I wouldn't have noticed the dryer sheets without going in and seeing it in person and the mechanic telling me about it, so I have to commend the honesty.

Currently the water pump and the $1500 hose is being fixed, both being 100% covered. Wasted my time kinda fighting this and driving back and forth, but happy with the end result.

If it wasn't covered I wouldn't deal with them ever again, I guess it's a small price for them to keep a good relationship, I'm okay with things going wrong, as long as it's made right at the end of the day. I'll probably check for dryer sheets on my next car purchase though and be more attentive to a better self visual inspection rather than trusting them fully.

@maestro that's crazy, what was your deductible for that? I'm guessing a $500 deductible for $8k damage goes a much longer way than it would've for the "price cut" they were gonna give me of $650
Glad to hear it all worked out. When I saw the dryer sheets, I was going to write a post about how could you have missed them if you looked under the hood, but I then realized they were all under the engine cover, so you'd not see them even with the hood open.

One a side note, with anything costing at least $500 just to get looked at, I carry a $100 deductible on my policy.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0