View Single Post
      02-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #23
jayb289
Private
Rep
Drives: horse and carriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
I have spoken to people who worked on Maybach in marketing and are kind of disappointed that the car has now become a patische instead of being taken seriously against Rolls-Royce and Bentley. The car had the potential to be a new approach to modern luxury but did not take the brand to its potential.
One Phantom customer told me that when he required about purchasing a Maybach he was told which entertainment customers had one. To which he came and bought a Phantom instead. Because aristocratic Europeans are not familiar and some even wholly despise that whole image.

RR has that image that appeals there is a legacy to RR and when the covers come off the new RR Wraith at Geneva in just over a weeks time the Maybachs failure will be complete because they done nothing , no investment whilst RR brought the Ghost to the market aswell as the additional Phantom models.
Maybachs crowning achievement was endorsements by pillars of society such as Bernie Madoff who had four Maybachs to ass clowns like Chris Brown and Kanye West.
Not to say RR does not have their fair share of popular unlikeable customers.

Although I did once see a Dubai registered Landaulet outside a hotel in Monte Carlo with a sumptuous black leather interior with contrast piping ..... After the seagulls visited. Which is a reminder of that old lightbulb joke.
To wipe seagull shit it took four people.

So now Mercedes are leveraging on the S-Klasse brand to rejuvenate the Maybach in that segment , which industry rumours point out that the upcoming S-Klasse is effectively the abandoned "small" Maybach the Maybach 53.

But at around the same time the super S-Klasse is revealed, 2016.
Rolls-Royce will roll out the next Phantom which is a sleeker , more raked back but just as large as today's model with ultra modern looks and an all new V16 engine to position the Phantom above the Ghost.
The design is not simply a larger Ghost.
Along with the standard Coupe , Drop-Head and EWB there will also be a V16 powered intimate 2 seater Roadster.
not buying it, every rapper from kanye to rick ross hypes about the rr so if this customer your referring to didnt buy the maybach for that reason then he certainly wouldnt buy the rr.
>>>

your posts stinks of elitism and your clearly out of touch. i have seen the rolls royce dealership in berkley square deliver pink rr to customers, matter of fact take a trip to london and you will see all sorts of rr creations running around. what does european aristocrats have to do with anything? their days are numbered, if your as clued up on bmw and rr as you claim then you will know which set of people are now the main target market for these type of cars.
Appreciate 0