07-03-2018, 09:43 AM   #6
TechieCarGuy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91, 2008 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazCulver View Post
Any updates on what you went with?

I thought I found that the BMW Performance Front BBK (135i Stock Front Brakes?) was a Direct Fit for E91 X Drive.

Also the 135i Rear Brakes were a Direct Swap.

Maybe I'm Mistaken?
Its funny you decided revive this thread when you did, I had forgotten I started it and have only recently revisited this upgrade.

I have not found any thing other than hearsay that the rears from a 135 will work on an e91 xdrive without modifications and will allow for rear parking brake functionality. The biggest challenge I think is the rotors, which from what I have found the stock 328xi E91 are 300x20, with a 185mm hat diameter for the parking brake to work in. The 135 rears are 324x22, hat diamter I am unsure about.

From what I have found the 300x20 are a little small for the 135 rear caliper and will create problems in that the pads do not fit complete on to the rotor and hang off a little. Some feel this isn't a big deal, but I want OEM fitment so that is a no go.

Others efforts have show a European part from a 7-series 6cylinder (730/735) which is a car that we do not have in the U.S. The rear rotor on the 730i is a 324x20 rotor. But I can not confirm if doing this will give you the parking brake function or not.

That is as far as I have gotten. I am selling my 135 so have held off buying any additional components until money changes hands from that deal, once I finalize the sale of my 135 it'll be between the BBK upgrade or new wheels for my E91 wagon. Decisions, decisions....

If anyone has any additional information please share. I think we have established that the fronts are fairly simple, minus a little grinding of the caliper bracket and cutting of the dust shield, but the rears seem to still be an issue. So few people have e91's that want to do this conversion, I suspect that is why detailed confirmation is hard to comeby.

Last edited by TechieCarGuy; 07-03-2018 at 12:17 PM..
Appreciate 0