View Single Post
      06-11-2018, 01:11 PM   #12
Tyresian
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 230xi

I've only had one bad longer term issue like this in a job before. We had a project team of 5-6 people that shared a room together for a year. There were a lot of problems with this project and pressure from management where instead of claiming any responsibility they poorly delegated people that had no business nor any want taking on those roles in addition to their existing roles.

Things worked well for the first 3 months but then they took away the most qualified leader on our team meaning they forced someone that didn't want to lead to, which meant the team had to pick up the slack but if that individual didn't like a decision he'd veto it. It got to be so bad where he kept flipping decisions the team would make that we'd get into screaming matches and it was a completely hostile work environment where most of the team stopped going to the project room, obviously that doesn't work when we need to be highly communicative. After talking to individuals on the team and trying to resolve it directly and the team and that pseudo leader would not agree I had to go to management to mediate it. We basically had to have a "come to jesus" moment for people to be honest and redistribute responsibilities so each person had a defined piece.

Now you have one person you're dealing with. If you can't work it out directly with this person (talking it out with them) the options I see are:
1. Bring it to management, even if you think they won't help, I'd hope you'd at least get a separate cubicle or something. Hell just move your stuff to a different place if there is an open spot, I know 5 co workers that have done this without issue in recent years. Even claiming offices.
2. Find another job or different position / transfer within the company
3. Tough it out if you think it will come to an end, this sounds like a terrible idea if you don't know for sure when it will end.