View Single Post
      01-24-2015, 01:24 PM   #39
DWR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIwyse View Post
If it's mbar in absolute terms then STAT_LADEDRUCK_WERT matches extremely closely with the analog boost gauge (when taking out 14.5psi for normal atmospheric pressure). But if the other one is "desired" boost then it would appear the EWG is actually shunting too much exhaust and keeping the turbo "actual" from reaching the "desired"... but if the remap is actually asking for the higher value, then I'm a little concerned it's asking for so much...
Certainly, the remap does not take into consideration, JBD'd fuel, H20/Meth, and reduced exhaust backpressure. The remap may have been correct for the setup it was tuned to. It might not be now.

Let me try to explain. The JBD'd fuel and H2O/Meth provide increased upstream turbine pressure. But if exhaust back pressure starts to follow, then additional drive is not fully realized. Boost is not gaining as fast as the backpressure. The pressure ratio of the engine is degrading.

You, iaknown, and others are definitely moving in the right direction, getting airflow through the engine more efficiently. That's going to reduce heat and improve the density ratio => horsepower.

If you hadn't already mentioned before that your MAF is topping out, I'd suggest comparing the mass flow (actually, I'd still suggest it. It just means use an "external" high flow MAF to datalog. You might be able to use a 0-5v version and read it from a "dead" sensor input to the DDE ). Turbos should really be thought of as lb/min (kg/min) machines, not cfm machines. If you can get the same or more mass flow for a lower boost pressure, you are going to be rewarded.
Appreciate 0