sidewinder_x5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 E46 M3 6MT, 08 S2000

Garage List
2001 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB335IS View Post
High end of book is $17k. While used car prices are still high, I personally wouldn't pay a $7k premium for any car, and I'm a original owner of a 49k mile 2013 335is. I look at this from a financial standpoint, you'll need to add sales tax on top of the price, so add 6%-8% on top plus title/registration fees. Unless you're paying cash, loan value and 7% interest also comes into play. And, insurance will not pay that amount back out if something happens and it gets totaled, you could be out of thousands of dollars. That's just the way I look at it, if you want the car, do what feels right for you.
yeah, i hear you. unfortunately thats just the way the market is these days, and its a terrible time to buy. sales tax wise, i can get out of that here in SC due to being military, but the rest is all valid. i'm not dead set on the is, but getting into a sorted N54 is appealing to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyzee125 View Post
That's a fair price in this market--if it's more than you're willing to pay, can't argue with that, but he will probably get asking price for it if not very close. 22k is not an unreasonable offer. Show up with cash and he just might take it.
yep. there are very few manual is i've seen searching, and most are dct and modded/beat on with more miles for only a few grand less. i'm now just waiting on insurance to deal with current car and hoping some of the cars i'm looking at dont sell before then.