United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubricks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
2 steps forward... 1 step back...
Fun fact: found out my engine that was in the car originally was actually a junkyard engine LOL.

The not so funny part: This was a bonafide 328 with WHAT IS VERY LIKELY, THE ORIGINAL TRANSMISSION FROM THAT CAR BOLTED UP TO IT. Engine ran PHENOMENAL. But on release of the clutch... no joy. You'll hear a nasty metal on metal noise since the input shaft size does NOT mate up to the rest of the engine all that well. Currently trying to source the actual transmission for this car... beyond pissed.
What? So you mean your car has always been running a 328i engine and transmission in it? (ie., not a genuine 330i?) I am mildly confused....

In any case, sourcing a correct spec 6 speed transmission might be difficult, maybe it's time to rethink the whole project.
Found 3 or 4 promising candidates... not too bad.
~500 USD

Just frustrating to say the least...
Still moving forward with it. Especially after this gets rectified- I'll literally know the ins and outs of this car 😤

Edit: Yes. 328 drivetrain. Idk what possessed whatever owner at the time to do an entire drivetrain swap.... but alas- I get the shit end of that stick.