View Single Post
      05-01-2019, 04:50 AM   #46
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by criscarp View Post
I think the near side rear wheel from front to back is 4.69 mm out (29 minutes) Ie. half of one degree. Where the toe adjustment is located would only require moving out 2mm to bring it spot on spec. Ie move toe out 2mm would correct the wheel by 4.69mm.(+29 minutes)

The camber is actually in spec.

What size wheels and tyres are on the rear? Also what is the distance between the top of the tyre and the wheel arch lip?
Did you know I also done another reply just before the one you quoted? Just on the off chance it has anything useful.

So, I've been thinking about what you've been saying and discussed it and theres a few things I'm thinking about.

If we look back at what you originally said about the suspension in general then

1) The rears are on D4 LCI M Sport Springs on a Pre-LCI, maybe an upgrade but has it impacted the front coils?

2) The front are on stock Pre-LCI coils, one snapped and I replaced with a used coil and quickly realised that In itself is a big no no so i always intended to have these replaced but with everything going on I forgot, looking at this 4mm outage my coils could be worn and not only that are the LCI D4 coils pushing them down.. I don't know

3) having thought about everything suspension related and you did mention Control arms on the front I remembered that the steering wheel used to shake when braking which can be a symptom of control atm wear from my knowledge and I'm fairly sure the first time I went to Chemix and had the rears done they said "the doughnut shape Bush looks worn"..

4) Rear arms and hub where used parts, initially this was to cheaply discover if either of these where the cause of the misalignment but wasnt necessarily intended as a permanent solution, just to see if the alignment went back. and after replacing them we are now out by 4mm, so maybe it was an oversight and maybe the bend has been fixed but the bushes might be causing the 4mm outage?

5) Top control arms never had the correct pre load tension, they where torqued to spec in either a dropped or slightly raised position..

Soooo.. do I take the plunge and order new front coils, a Bush puller/installer tool kit and also buy a complete set of lemforder bushes including rose bushes for the hubs? Its something I've been pondering, I also told my partner that regardless of the outcome the car would be in better condition and the front coils where never supposed to still be on their anyway as I replaced one snapped with a used one and i should ideally purchase LCI front springs to match the rear D4 coils.
Appreciate 0