View Single Post
      07-25-2018, 08:20 AM   #203
Pohsib
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i w Sport Package 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseP View Post
I used the plastic Autozone disconnect tool after the oil pan gasket replacement three times to disconnect that return line, worked each time, didn't have to replace the pipe nor replace internals of it :P (One time to replace the faulty oil separator, another time to replace the starter and third time to fix a mistake I had made while replacing the starter) It works. I was going from above the engine those times though, to remove the intake manifold.
From above the engine with the intake manifold removed? I don't think anyone else in this thread did that. I'm not sure if the disconnect tool is going to serve most people with the specific repair in this thread.

It's possible I could have lowered the engine a little bit to get a better grasp of the crankcase return pipe - I am not sure. I do know that spent quite a bit of time with the AutoZone tool - time that I'd like to have back. Instead, I'll settle for getting my $10 back.

More to the point: AutoZone tool is only $10 and can be returned. The crankcase return pipe is only $30 and can be returned. I doubt anyone is going to want to be held up with this time consuming repair by not having $40 of returnable items. So I'd recommend getting the AutoZone tool with that in mind.

Last edited by Pohsib; 07-25-2018 at 11:07 AM..
Appreciate 0