View Single Post
      09-04-2018, 08:20 AM   #212
KrashFinatik
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i, Sport Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotturbo View Post
Did mine today... car turned 100,000 miles and I was a quart low on oil. Been leaking a while but hadn’t gotten low enough to add till now. I didn’t want to waste a quart and I had all the parts in my possession already so I decided to do some labor on Labor Day! Took me 11 hours total with breaks for breakfast and smokes and iPad referrals to threads. I take my time and do shit right plus I’m 50 and I kinda run out of gas after 9 or 10 hours under a car in Florida. Not the hardest job ever but very time consuming. Worst part for me was getting the belt back on the pulley at the very end. Too much shit in the way of the tensioner and I really didn’t want to take any of it out at that point. Never unbolted rack... left top of struts alone. harbor freight engine support.... lots of swivels and extensions and stubby and extra length swivel head ratchets. No torque wrench for me. My full time job as a machinist affords me the ability to know what tight is and what you’re gonna snap that is. Pretty hard to use a torque wrench in places you can barely get to with custom extension swivel setups...
I'm glad to hear you got the job done, but I have to stress the importance of using the proper torque specs. There is a chance you might encounter a leak later on.