View Single Post
      01-28-2019, 12:13 PM   #220
Pohsib
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i w Sport Package 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Disassemble the plastic heater hose line running across the front of the subfame. It is affixed to the subframe by two torx bolts along the front and one torx bolt on the drivers side. It will let the subframe drop much farther and move around a lot more. Also jack the engine up as far as it will go in the front. Once you do those two things you'll have plenty of room to put the pan back in.
I think I found a better way to get at those pesky torx bolts that hold the plastic heater hose line in place: remove the air intake duct and housing. Then you would reach down from the top to get those two torx bolts. This is at least an order of magnitude easier to remove those plastic heater hose torx bolts from above. I recommend detaching plastic heater hose because otherwise you’re going to be leaving a lot of weight on it.

Abbreviated procedure
1. Remove two T20 Torx fasteners for the intake duct.
2. Release retaining tabs on each side intake air duct connection at air filter housing and pull duct off.
3. Loosen hose clamp and remove air filter housing fasteners
4. Disconnect mass air flow sensor electrical connector.
5. Remove air filter housing from vehicle
Full procedure here
https://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/tec..._Replacing.htm

Then you’d remove plastic heater hose torx bolts. It helps to know what you’re looking for but they are pretty much in plain sight. If I could ever figure out how to post iPhone pics here on the forum I would show you. I’m going to keep the pictures saved on my phone for the time being.
Appreciate 0