View Single Post
      03-23-2023, 03:02 AM   #17
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leucosticte View Post
Yeah I also noticed that there's quite a bit of stuff being made in Turkey. FCPs site says that the Lemforder components I'm looking at are made in Germany which is reassuring.

I guess I'll go with TRW tie rod ends then, and then try to pick up e90yyc's inner tie rods. The price on RockAuto is pretty decent.
I may try the TRW tie rods if they're still on closeout, though I'm wary of Rock Auto wholesale closeout items. I ordered an accessory belt tensioner for one of my other cars that was a wholesale closeout and it was a used part that someone had returned. On second thought I may just go with Lemforder. The only Lemforder part I didn't like were the strut mounts with cracked bearing races which they claim are "normal."

The M3 arms from TRW look excellent. When I ordered the tie rods, I ordered TRW parts and FCP sent me one TRW arm and one OE BMW arm with the M logo intact (also had the TRW logo) however it looks like the BMW part was from a much older casting as the seams and the text was much smoother. Either that or BMW polished them after casting, but it just looks like they used a newer mold.

Speaking of Delphi, I installed Delphi thrust arms on my 325i because they were cheap and nearly 4 years and 45K miles later they are holding up great.
Appreciate 1